The legendary Cunard Queen Elizabeth 2 on the Hudson River in New York City, October 16, 2008, as she departs for the final time.



08 September, 2010

QE2's Last Master Captain McNaught Responds to Forum Questions

Captain Ian McNaught, with Paying Out Pennant flying in New York




































Captain Ian McNaught has gratiously responded to questions posed to him on the QE2 Story Forum here.  The last series of questions were posed by yours truly, with interesting responses on the viability of getting QE2 back up the Clyde to her birthplace.  With deliberate tact, he addresses the embarrassing grounding on the final approach to Southampton as well as any future plans on returning to Cunard to captain QM2, a desire expressed by fellow Cunarders and McNaught fans.  Also included in the article were several photos I took onboard while docking in Manhattan in January 2008 and in Greenock in October 2008.

Recently, I found my documents from my first time on QE2 in October 2000.  In the Daily Programme, it listed Captain McNaught as "Staff Captain."  With this information, I can now state that I was onboard with Captain McNaught for my entire 22 cumulative days spent onboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment